Buscar este blog

viernes, 16 de diciembre de 2022

MAXIMO GORKI EL AMARGO

 

GORKI

I can’t be anti-Semitic because I like Gorki.

He was for me the main Russian author. I read his  novels when as an student travelled in the underground baffled  by his short stories reflecting the suffering hunger of hidden life in destitution. One of his impressed me” The Mother”. An autobiography of his beginnings as a writer, when, very poor, worked as house painter pm the roofs in the onion bubble towers of the Russian churches contracted by the Holy Synod

Gorki is a master of the portrait a miniaturist bringing cadres of the small lives of his countrymen in the changing and tormenting days before the Revolution.

His literature resembles the art of painting of Rembrandt or Van Gogh. Enjoys the same colourist blunt and definitive. In a few paragraphs reflects a situation a phase, a face, one landscape. He sketches the lives of the underdog unveiling the rebuffering of the vast Russian land. His prose conveys of the enormous country, its harshness, its speech, its songs, its myths with a mixture of cruelty and tenderness. Maxim Gorki (its name means the bitter one) ´s obsession were the abandoned children roaming the street of the big cities, young girls seduced become prostitutes. But through his books pared ruined landowners, starving writers and ex seminarians that take to drink and revolution.

On that attitude poses as an evangelist trying to redeem those in need and confusion, the poor moujik or the destitute intellectual.

Also, he blast against anti-Semitism. This entrance he made in his diary I quote to proof my argument:

 "I  do not believe that in the course of my life I have ever in any way injured a single person of that steadfast and persevering nation, nevertheless when I meet a Jew I am reminded of my racial relationship with fanatic sect of anti-Semitism. I feel sorrowful for the insane actions of my countrymen on that respect, I condemn those books that justify hate. They are repugnant, written with an ugly and unmoral design... pages depicting ignorance, an angry squeal (chillones que son), wild beat bellowing, and a grudging, envious grinding teeth"

In those times of pestilence and political corruption some fell in the temptation of blaming the Israelite of the scourge afflicting the world. It is an easy and unjustified issue. Personally I think that we are the culprits our selfishness our greed. Probably the end is at hand. Be prepared and pray. In the meanwhile I´ll keep rejoicing in Gorki masterpieces. He was a libertarian who was thrownn out of the Pecus due to his free mind and independence

 

No hay comentarios: